A Piece of Britain - award winning heritage by Hazle Ceramics
Royal
London 1
London 2
Classic 1
Classic 2
China Town

Click for full size

AA Corner Garage

 1950s motorcycle, replaced by 4 wheeled vehicles in 1968. Since 2012 motorised cycles are used in congested cities for fast access.

 Village garage in the 1950s © Rothbury Cards. The yellow Pratts Motor Spirit sign dates from 1929-35, becoming Esso in 1936. MG is from Morris Garages in 1924. BP or British Petroleum origins date from 1908.

click for full size

Hazle Ceramics
1930s AA Corner Garage
Rare Altered Mould of 5: No 1/5
on Birmingham Garage
Michele & Hazle 2002. A mould is altered from inside working mould
UK petrol aka Motor Spirit 1890s - 1930s. Paraffin now in greenhouse heaters. Ethyl was a fuel additive
Automobile Association History
1907 first motor insurance policy
1912 star rated hotel inspections
1920 start roadside petrol pumps
1923 650 cyclist or motor patrols
1934 100,000 join AA, 1 in 3 cars
1950 membership hits 1 million
1968 AA branded motor patrols
2017 largest UK breakdown fleet,
mobile app, guide books, finance

 AA logo as seen on the ceramic plus the Wings crest, circa 1950s.

 Built 1928, Colyford Filling Station in the 1950s © Rothbury Cards. Used in the 1930s by motorbiking Lawrence of Arabia, it closed for petrol in 2001. The Museum shut in 2011, with its contents sold in 2013.

£130 Worldwide
With Free Postage

Click to add to basket

 Hazle’s AA garage would have served petrol or spirit in this way. In 2012 Shell began reintroducing free attendants who also check tyres and fluid levels.

 Mobile phones have made once prolific AA call boxes obsolete.

Privacy Policy Blog   Currency Converter Links