A Piece of Britain - award winning heritage by Hazle Ceramics
Royal
Royal 2
Classic 1
Classic 2
London 1
London 2

Strand Station

Click for full size

Introduction
This tube terminus from Holborn on the Piccadilly line was originally called Strand. It was renamed Aldwych when Strand became the Northern line stop at Charing Cross in 1917. From 1940 in the war, the Elgin Marbles and other British Museum treasures were stored on a disused platform. Another was an air raid shelter. Aldwych Station closed in 1994. The preserved interior has made it popular for TV, films and tube design work.

click for full size

Hazle Ceramics
Strand Station
Heritage Miniature

20th Anniversary 2010
Painted by Hazle

£34.50 Worldwide
With Free Postage

Click to add to basket

 Atmospheric photo circa 1980s, with the architect Leslie Green’s original half-moon window and flat roof for office buildings above. The ox-red tiles date from 1907. Umbrella and light reflections in the rain puddle here are on the piece.

 Original ticket office fully restored for a film.

 The single operating platform with train c1980s.

Privacy Policy Blog   Currency Converter Links